Travel Appeal is looking for a Data Scientist to be based in the Florence, Italy office.
As Data Scientist, you will join the AI Data Team and contribute in the extraction of insights from data. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in numbers, data analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What you’ll do
- Work with the AI Data Team to provide complete solutions to business problems using data mining techniques, statistics and data analysis
- Design, develop and evaluate innovative models for predictive learning, working together with the team
- Work on large datasets using cutting-edge technologies
- Automate procedures and algorithms
- Level of Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Area of focus: data science, computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics or economics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use relational databases and knowledge of the SQL language
- Solid knowledge in data-mining and some knowledge of at least one programming language between Python and R
- Familiarity with Machine Learning frameworks (Scikit-learn, NLKT, spaCy) and numerical computing libraries (NumPy, Pandas, Dask, SciPy)
- Curiosity and passion for data science and self determination
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience of 1-2 years in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Experience with data visualization tools (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
- Some knowledge of cloud engines (Microsoft Cognitive Services, Amazon Sagemaker, Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine)
- Experience with deep learning algorithms and knowledge of dedicated frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch)
- GIT experience
- Knowledge of Big Data Ecosystems (Apache Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce)
Who We Are
Travel Appeal is Human Experience Intelligence. We mine Location, Destination and Customer Feedback Data and transform it into actionable advice to boost business performance.
Semantic algorithms, AI and Data Science: Our heart is highly technological. We are curious and hardworking. We face challenges with commitment, consistency and persistence.
Participation, teamwork, unity and support. Our passion and belief in a common goal make us successful.