About Travel Appeal
Travel Appeal is Human Experience Intelligence. We mine Location, Destination and Customer Feedback Data and transform it into actionable advice to boost business performance.
Semantic algorithms, AI and Data Science: Our heart is highly technological. We are curious and hardworking. We face challenges with commitment, consistency and persistence.
Participation, teamwork, unity and support. Our passion and belief in a common goal make us successful.
About the Role
We are looking for an advanced Backend Java Developer responsible for both server-side logic and back-end logic, to join our team based in Florence. Your primary focus will be development of all back-end and server-side logic and ensuring high performance and responsiveness of the web services. You will also be responsible to integrate and maintain endpoint APIs.
- Implementation of web services and APIs
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration with Database SQL and NoSQL
- Manage data access
- Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Minimum 2 years of professional developer experience
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Java
- Good knowledge of Spring or frameworks similar
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Good knowledge of design patterns with excellent problem solving skills
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with distributed application and concurrency data access management
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of OWASP security principles is a plus
- AWS Cloud experience is a plus
- Out of the box, forward thinking
- Experience in the Travel industry is a big plus
- Fluent in English